|Posted by Francesca Love on January 10, 2013 at 6:00 AM|
It's the beginning of a new year, and we're all feeling a bit gloomy. Why, coming back from a 10-day (more or less) holiday, doesn't seems like the best way to start a new year, don't you think?
So here are a couple of tips to get you going and get these first cold months out of the way, feeling super-duper good!
- Get a Natural High: if you're feeling tired all the time, it could depend on your biological clock, and the little bear inside you that wants to hibernate and sleep. It doesn't help that often your work place is very hot, and stuffy and you always feel like you could use a nap. My suggestion (done and tested!) is to go for a short, brisk walk during your lunch time break, get some fresh air! It won't only help your mind and spirit, but also your legs, bum and abs! If that's not enough, and not even the coffee seems to help, then turn to natural booster GUARANA! It increases stamina and fights fatigue!
- Eat the Right Things at the Right Time: It's been found that 3PM seems to be the time when one's energy diminishes, so be prepared and have nearby a banana, or a handful of seeds and nuts. Remember, if you eat (healthy) small things throughout the day you'll keep the metabolism going and you won't gain weight. This is because the longer you go without food, the more cortisol - a fat-storing hormone! - you produce, and you really don't want that, do you?
- Look like a Queen: it is a well-known fact that the better you look, the better you feel. That's why you should pack-up on Omega 3 supplements to make your skin look radiant and hydrated against the winter weather. You also want to focus on moisturizers containing peptides and retinol, which stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, necessary to compensate the loss of lipids due to the cold weather.
- Start your exercise: Summer and hot beaches feel million light years away, but they're not. So why not start excercising now? You don't have to spend hours in the gym, you know? Start with 30 minutes and work your way up to an hour. Gradually and at your own pace. And if today you don't feel like doing the fitness routine you've been told to follow, simply go to the gym and do 30 mins of whatever you feel like doing. The important thing is to keep it regular!
- And don't forget to eat well: you can begin your diet by just cutting around 200kcal a day (that chocolate treat you have on the couch in the evening while watching TV, you know what I'm talking about!). If you just can't live without treats, then eat a nice fruity yoghurt instead! It tastes great, it's good for you and fills you up better!